To become a member of the Newport News Municipal Employees Credit Union, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- Employees of the City of Newport News
- Employees of persons, firms and corporations under contract to the City of Newport News
- Constitutional officers of the City of Newport News and their employees
- Members and employees of board, commissions, committees and agencies of the City of Newport News
- North Shore employees of the Hampton Roads Sanitation District
- Employees of the Newport News Municipal Employees Credit Union
- Persons retired from the above employment as pensioners and/or annuitants
- Members of the families related by blood, marriage, or adoption of the above groups
- The corporation of Newport News and its subsidiaries
If you’re not sure about your membership eligibility, feel free to contact us at 757-249-1003.
Once you have met one of the above requirements, it’s simple to join us. You will need the following:
- Completed Membership Application
- A $5 deposit to a Savings Account. If you’re opening a Checking account as well, please bring $30 ($5 for Savings and $25 for Checking)
- 2 forms of valid identification. One MUST be a valid Government Picture ID (State issued Driver’s License; Military ID; Passport); a secondary valid ID such as an Employee badge, paystub, Social Security Card, etc.
- Proof of your physical address (paystub, utility bill, etc). We cannot accept a PO Box address as a physical address. We can use it for mailing purposes provided you supply the required proof of your physical address.
For the safety and security of all members, your signature is required to open an account. therefore, NNMECU does not complete the membership application process via the Internet or E-mail. Please visit one of our offices in person to complete the membership process.